Not sure if it was the rainy week or my lengthy discussion with travel colleagues last night that got me in the mood for the magic of Christmas Markets in Germany. I reminisced back on my 2015 trip along the Danube which was just wonderful. This experience should be on everyone’s bucket list at least once and this December is the opportunity to fast track it.
Block your calendar from December 7th to 17th (exact dates vary based on flights and Pre-/post cruise plans) as I will be hosting a small group on Avalon Waterways Tapestry II from Nuremberg to Frankfurt. Stops include historic Bamberg famous for its smoked beer (yes, we’ll have one); Wuerzburg where we will visit the opulent baroque Bishop’s Palace famous for its frescoes and plaster work; and a stop in medieval Miltenberg with its delightful market square called Marktplatz.
Please share this post with your friends and family and quickly let me know of your interest to assure I have enough cabins held.
- Magical walks down narrow cobble stone streets of medieval towns
- The whim of Gluehwein in the air
- Festive mood of locals and visitors alike
- Roasted chestnuts, freshly baked cinnamon cookies and other great smells waft over from food stalls
- Amazing handicrafts for sale – In fact, you can get all your Holiday shopping done without ever having to set foot in a mall and delight your family and friends with authentic wares they will treasure for a life-time
- Home away from home with comfortable ocean view suites aboard Avalon Waterways Tapestry II